- Uni of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- NTNU, Norway
Capacity Building to Enhance Teaching/Learning, Research and Expert Services in Petroleum Sciences and Engineering in Tanzania
Project goal/overall purpose
The College of Engineering and Technology and College of Natural and Applied Sciences of the University of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania are collaborating with the Norwegian University Science and Technology Department of Petroleum Engineering and Applied Geophysics to strengthen the capacity in Petroleum Engineering and Petroleum Geo-science.
This project aims to develop high level human resource capacity (2 PhD and 11 M.Sc.) and also upgrade technical skills. It also addresses curriculum development, enhancement of research and knowledge exchange, improvement of infrastructure (equipment and facilities) and strengthening of links.
- MSc programs in geosciences and engineering in place for Tanzania
- Staff trained to PhD levels
- Strengthening the collaboration between the partner universities as well as with governmental bodies and industry in Tanzania.
- Upgrading teaching and research equipment
- Improved gender balance in the MSc. Programme.
Links and documents